My Favorite Things: Kitchen Edition

I've been working on this blog post for months.  Seriously--it's been in my saved drafts since November, I think.  Just couldn't find the ambition to make a photo collage or write a summary of each of these items.  But finally, it's done!  Here are my favorite products for use in the kitchen--perfect items for a bridal registry if that pertains to you!




Keurig Home Brewer - I'm the only one in my household that drinks coffee.  I used to have a regular coffee pot, but got sick of wasting coffee and cleaning it daily.  Enter the Keurig - famous for its single-cup servings.  I got one for Christmas a few years ago and have used it nearly every day since.  I love the variety the K-cups offer, I love being able to brew right into my mug, and I love that there's little cleanup!  If you are an avid coffee drinker like myself, the $100 for this thing is well worth it!!    (Side notes: There are more expensive models with more bells and whistles, but this is the one I have and it does the job.  There are also non-coffee K-cups--hot chocolate, chai tea latte, apple cider, among others--and a reusable filter if you fear the wastefulness of K-cups.)

Pampered Chef Large Micro Cooker - It's like a steamer for the microwave.  I've used it for frozen veggies, potatoes, soup, and even fruits when making baby food.  It has a lid that snaps into place, handles for easy carrying, and holes (in the lid) that double as a strainer.

Collapsible Cupcake Carrier - One of my most favorite wedding gifts!  Love the convenience of this thing.  It holds 24 cupcakes, but collapses nicely for easy storage.

Pampered Chef Apple Wedger - We always had an apple wedger growing up, but it never worked well.  Then I used one (Pampered Chef brand) at my in-law's house a few years ago and decided I needed one.  It works so much better than the crappy one I grew up with!  Works well for pears, too!

As Seen on TV Handy Caddy - This is what my Keurig sits on.  It's a slide-able tray that allows me easy access anytime I need to refill the water in the Keurig.  It would be perfect for any countertop appliance that is used often.

Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish - Our stainless steel appliances accumulate so many fingerprints.  We used to use the wipes of the same brand, but they left streaks.  This spray is awesome.  Cleans and polishes, just like it says!  I like the clean/fresh smell, too!

Pineapple Corer - If you ever eat fresh pineapple, you NEED one of these things!  A-sap.  It makes coring and slicing pineapple so super easy.  My only complaint is that it can't be used for pineapple on kababs because it slices the pineapple too thin.

Hamburger Press - Another of my favorite random kitchen gadgets!   I used to hate making hamburger patties.  I could never get them big enough flat enough to stick together right.  Until I found this thing.  Awe-some!!

Panini Press - One of Craig's favorite meals is a panini.  Anytime, any kind.  Though I don't want them once a week like he does, I do like them thanks to this handy panini maker!  I will say it makes for an easy meal and I don't know anyone that doesn't like easy.  To see the panini recipes I've blogged about, click here and here.

Apron - Ummm if you've seen me in the kitchen, you know that I'm messy.  Hence the apron!  And if you're gonna wear an apron, it better be a cute one! :)

KitchenAid Food Chopper - I just got this thing for Christmas six months ago, and I'm not sure how I lived so long without it!  It's perfect for chopping anything from onions to crackers to tomatoes for bruschetta.  It is amazing.

Spice Clips - I'm a sucker for any sort of organizational gadget and these clips are perfect for plastic spice containers.  We have them stuck to the inside of our pantry doors (see here), alphabetized of course, which frees up space for other items.  They have a peel & stick back, but we ended up securing them with screws because the sticky was wearing off.

Electric Rechargeable Wine Opener - This is such a cool gadget and makes opening a bottle of wine easy peasy!  Simply push the button and watch the cork come out!  It would make for a perfect gift idea for the wine-lover in your life!

Citrus Press - I used to use pliers from our garage to squeeze juice out of a lemon or lime.  Then I convinced the hubs I needed one of these.

Egg Slicer - Sure, I don't use this thing often, but it's fun to use when slicing eggs for salads!

Chalkboard Labels - Another organizational tool!  And a cute one, too!  I stuck these labels to my canisters for flour, sugar, brown sugar, and powdered sugar so there's no future confusion for the hubs! :)  Not only are they functional, but super cute and reasonably priced!

No comments:

Post a Comment